If you are like the majority of homeowners you do not think about the inner workings of a refrigerator unless it breaks down, or it is time to buy a new one. In order to get the most use possible out of this invaluable appliance it can be very useful to understand how it keeps your food and drinks cold—and Dixon Appliance Repair is here to explain.
Read on to find out what you should understand concerning how refrigerators run, how it cools your food and drinks and if it’s the time to connect with refrigerator repair Flower Mound.
Parts of a Refrigerator
There are not too many houses that don’t feature a refrigerator inside the kitchen. It has been a standard household appliance for several years now. A refrigerator stores your food and drinks at the best temperature, to reduce spoiling and limit the growth of harmful bacteria. The cycle of refrigeration starts by transferring the heat from inside of the unit to the exterior, by using the principles of evaporation and condensation.
The primary components of a refrigerator are below. For questions or service call Dixon Appliance Repair:
The refrigerator compressor is a combo of a pump and motor, and it is need for the circulation of refrigerant throughout the system.
A compressor is an important piece of a refrigerator. Homeowners should call a professional company if the compressor isn’t working.
A refrigerator condenser is located on the back outside wall of the appliance and will help to release the heat collected from within the refrigerator out to the surrounding air.
The evaporator is housed in the inside of a refrigerator where absorbs heat contained within it, thereby reducing the interior temperature.
The moment an evaporator is not working, it is time to enlist a professional. Do not wait until it is too late.
Liquified coolant is directed within a capillary tube that acts as an expansion tool as it cools the gas inside, thereby transforming it into liquid.
A thermostat will regulate the current temperature within a refrigerator, starting a new cooling cycle as it is appropriate.
The thermostat in a refrigerator is often prone to problems. Troubleshoot and hire a technician in Flower Mound for repair right when an issue happens.
How Does Refrigeration Work?
1. Once the temperature inside the refrigerator is higher than the set point sensors notify the compressor to engage, and the cooling period starts. The refrigerator attracts the cold liquid refrigerant, then condenses and pressurizes the liquid, and raises the temperature, so it can turn into a gas form.
2. The compressor guides the heated gas in the direction of the refrigerator condenser coils on the back of the appliance, at which point it comes into contact with the lower temperature in the kitchen and returns to a liquified form.
3. The cool refrigerant continues on its journey towards the refrigerator evaporator, pushing through the coils within the appliance and freezer.
4. The coolant absorbs the warm air from the interior of the refrigerator, lowering the temperature back to the desired set point.
5. The refrigerant then will evaporate, and turns back to a gas state, and returns to the refrigerator compressor in order to then continue the cooling cycle.
Refrigeration technology is often used in a lot of applications and appliances, this includes heat pumps, air conditioners, refrigerators and freezers. By removing heat from one location and distributing it to another the cycle of refrigeration aids in cooling a home, creates a optimal space for perishable food, and also helps with manufacturing and storage of a number of different common products and goods.
Need Refrigerator Repair?
Does your refrigerator require professional attention? Time to schedule repair with Dixon Appliance Repair.
Dixon Appliance Repair will repair almost all popular brands of refrigerators – includes commercial models, stand-alone and side-by-side.Our service technicians in Flower Mound complete training to fix cooling issues, ice makers, problems with condensation, water puddles and leaks, lighting, digital controls, smart technology and other issues. We know all there is to know about refrigerator repair!
OTHER REFRIGERATOR RESOURCES:
Copyright ©2020  Flower Mound Appliance Repair